In order to apply for our program, an applicant must:
- 18 years of age at time of indenture (You can apply at 17 but cannot be indentured until 18).
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Have successfully completed one year of high school, college or post secondary algebra. (Freshman Math 1, Course 1, or Sequential Math 1).
- Live within the Local Union Jurisdiction (Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, Schoharie, Rennselaer, Montgomery, Warren, Hamilton, Washington, Fulton, Columbia, a small portion of Otsego, and a portion of Greene County.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
If the above qualifications are met, an application form has been completed and all submittals have been received, the applicant will be scheduled to take the electrical trade's aptitude test as developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research. Upon receiving a score of 4 or higher on a scale of 1 to 9 the applicant will be eligible for a personal interview. Applications are available online.